Independence Blue Cross Flower Show Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
The Independence Blue Cross Flower Show Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET“) on February 29, 2020, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 8, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
Sponsored by Independence Blue Cross (Independence), 1901 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
1. Eligibility: The Independence Blue Cross Flower Show Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes”) is open to all attendees of the 2020 Philadelphia Flower Show who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Officers, Directors, and employees of Independence and any of their affiliates and subsidiaries, official judges, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and grandparents and the “steps” of each) and household members of each such Officer, Director, employee and official judges are not eligible to participate.
2. Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period: 1.) Visit the IBX interactive garden space at the 2020 Philadelphia Flower Show, 2.) Take a photo, 3.) Post the photo on Instagram with the hashtag #FindYourPeace and tag @ibxfearless. User profiles must be public in order to enter. Private profiles are not supported.
Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of Independence and will not be returned. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). By entering this Sweepstakes, you understand that you are providing your information to Independence and the prize partners and not to Facebook.
3. Winner Determination, Notification: Independence will randomly select 5 winners.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified via direct message on Instagram or Facebook or via the email address provided on the alternative entry form. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner does not respond to notification within five (5) calendar days of the date of notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, in Independence’s sole discretion.
4. Prizes: Independence will award five (5) winners the following prize:
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $160
Actual value of a prize may vary slightly. Independence is not responsible for any difference between the actual value of a prize and the listed ARV or any changes made to the prize(s) by Independence or the prize vendor. Each winner must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18). Winners may be photographed, videotaped or otherwise recorded by Independence while participating in prize-related activities (collectively, "Footage"). Footage will be owned by Independence who has the right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy, exploit, license, sell and distribute the Footage and all elements thereof, including any names and likenesses embodied therein, on its websites and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world, in perpetuity, for advertising, promotional, trade and other purposes with no additional notification or compensation to, or permission of, the winner(s), guest(s) or any third party. By submitting an entry and/or claiming a prize, such entrant agrees that his/her name and likeness and those of any of his/her guests may be included in the Footage, in Independence’s sole discretion. Each winner agrees to and will help Independence retain necessary releases (as applicable) from his/her guests if requested by Independence to do so. Any guest who does not sign a release form will not be able to participate in the prize experience. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Independence. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any expenses and other costs incurred in claiming or using a prize, including without limitation, any travel or accommodations associated with attending the prize experiences, unless otherwise noted. No substitutions, transfers, assignments or cash equivalent of a prize (or portion thereof) are permitted except at Independence’s sole discretion. Independence reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value or cancel a prize at any time. All prize details are at Independence’s sole discretion.
5. Release: Except where prohibited by law, each winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Eligibility/Ownership/Liability Release and Publicity Release (the “Release”). Release must be returned to and received by Independence within five (5) calendar days from the date on the prize notification letter or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at Independence’s sole discretion.
7. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE
OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prizes (or portion thereof) awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. Winners List: For winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Independence Blue Cross “Flower Show Sweepstakes”, c/o Creative Services, 1901 Market Street, Floor 38, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
©2020 Independence Blue Cross. All Rights Reserved. Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.